Pune, India, December 15, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – The world Softgels market size is expected to increase from USD 6.94 billion in 2021 to USD 9.59 billion in 2027. Strong demand for non-animal capsules free of modified sugars and containing only natural sources of plant origin would help the market to grow rapidly in the near future . In August 2020, for example, Catalent, Inc introduced two new offerings to expand its existing portfolio. Among them, the one called Optishell has algae instead of gelatin and is more suitable for those who do not consume meat. Fortune Business Insights ™ published this information in a new report titled “Softgels Market, 2021-2027”. The report further states that the market is worth USD 6.52 billion in 2020. It is expected to display a CAGR of 5.5% during the forecast period between 2021-2027.
Scope and segmentation of the report
|Cover of the report||Details|
|Forecast period||2021 to 2027|
|Forecast period 2019 to 2026 CAGR||5.5%|
|2027 value projection||$ 9.59 billion|
|Year of reference||2020|
|Market size in 2021||$ 6.94 billion|
|Historical data for||2016 to 2019|
|Number of pages||216|
|Covered segments||Pharmaceutical companies, nutraceutical companies and others|
|Growth drivers||Nowadays, several pharmaceutical companies are trying to determine the effectiveness of soft capsules and therefore are conducting clinical trials.|
|Based on the application, the market is divided into prescription drugs and food and health supplements. By type, it is classified into capsules and non-animal capsules.|
|On the basis of manufacturers, it is divided into pharmaceutical companies, nutraceutical companies, and others. Of these, in 2020, the pharmaceutical companies segment generated 56.4% in terms of market share.|
Get a sample PDF brochure: https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/enquiry/request-sample-pdf/softgel-capsules-market-103353
Ayanda receives patent for probiotic capsules to improve her abilities
In April 2019, Ayanda, a leading supplier of pharmaceuticals, announced that it had filed for a European patent for these capsules. These capsules may contain at least one type of oil, such as Omega 3 and active probiotic bacteria. According to one of the company executives, “This is a breakthrough in our ability to offer and produce a state-of-the-art probiotic dosage form. It would help us improve our probiotic abilities in powder sticks, tablets and capsules.
Conductors and constraints-
The urgent need to determine the effectiveness of drugs will stimulate growth
Nowadays, several pharmaceutical companies are trying to determine the effectiveness of soft capsules and therefore are conducting clinical trials. InnoPharmax Inc., for example, sponsored a study in August 2018 to assess the tolerability and safety of the D07001 capsule in patients who received first-line combination chemotherapy and radiotherapy (CCRT) or chemotherapy for cancer. locally advanced (BTC) or unresectable bile ducts. metastatic cancer. Further similar clinical studies are also believed to drive the growth of soft gel capsules market in the near future. However, the development of generics due to the expiration of crucial drug patents may hamper growth due to increased competition.
To learn more about the short and long term impact of COVID-19 on this market,
Please visit: https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/softgel-capsules-market-103353
This report includes authentic data related to transformation in material use, unique product launches and recent advancements. It provides market dynamics based on many factors such as opportunities, challenges, drivers, hurdles, and dynamics. Additionally, it would provide a comprehensive overview of the supply side respondents regarding the share, distribution and size of this industry.
Increased U.S. FDA Approvals for Unique Products to Help North America Dominate
- North America: The market was worth $ 2.29 billion in 2020 in terms of revenue. The growing goal of various companies to gain US FDA approvals is expected to drive growth. In addition, the increasing launch of innovative products would propel regional growth.
- Europe: It is estimated that the region will gain a considerable share in the coming years due to the ongoing investments in R&D activities to introduce new soft capsules.
- Asia Pacific: It is expected to post the highest CAGR due to growing interest from companies in expanding their footprint into niche areas in the region. In addition, the increasing number of patients suffering from various chronic disorders would increase the growth.
Talk to our analyst: https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/enquiry/speak-to-analyst/softgel-capsules-market-103353
Accelerated Approvals and New Product Launches – Vital Strategies of Key Companies
The global market has only three leading companies, of which Catalent, Inc. and Capsugel (Lonza) represent the maximum share. They mainly aim to remain dominant through new product launches and accelerated approvals. At the same time, many companies are constantly striving to technologically develop their manufacturing processes to attract more consumers. Below is one of the latest developments in the industry:
- October 2019: Sirio Pharma has launched a new range of herbal solutions for its entire range of liquids, gums, powders, capsules, tablets and capsules. Jelly candies are said to contain pectin instead of gelatin, while soft gelatin capsules are said to contain red algae.
List of key players in the soft gelatin capsules market:
- Capsugel (Lonza) (New Jersey, United States)
- Sirio Pharma Co., Ltd. (Guangdong, China)
- Catalent, Inc (New Jersey, US)
- Aenova Holding GmbH (Munich, Germany)
- Fuji Capsule Co., Ltd. (Shizuoka, Japan)
- CAPTEK Softgel International Inc. (California, United States)
- Curtis Health Caps (Wielkopolskie, Poland)
- EuroCaps Ltd (South Wales, UK)
- Other important players
Fortune Business Insights ™ delivers accurate data and innovative business analytics, helping organizations of all sizes make the right decisions. We tailor innovative solutions to our clients, helping them meet various challenges specific to their business. Our aim is to provide them with aggregate market information, providing them with a granular overview of the market in which they operate.
United States: +1 424 253 0390
UK: +44 2071 939123
APAC: +91 744 740 1245
E-mail: [email protected]